Fleece Show Results >
The Showtacular Fleece Show held in conjunction with the EAA and NEAOBA Showtacular Show
Fleece Show Superintendent: Cheri Seiler
Fleece Show Judges: Diana Timermon and Glenn Finbow
Fleece Show – Deadline for entries is October 15th, 2016 - We are happy to announce that this year's show will feature fleece mail-in, so this fleece event will truly be a National Event. Can't attend the show in person? Send in your fleece and we will put it in the show and send it back to you after the show is over. How much easier can it be to show your prized fleeces.
Please mail your fleece entries to: Good Time Ridge Farm, Attention: Cheri Seiler, 3354 North River Road, Augusta, WV 26704 703-932-5562
PLEASE NOTE: THE MAIL IN IS ONLY AN OPTION! YOU ARE MORE THEN WELCOME TO BRING THE FLEECE TO THE SHOW ON THURSDAY....BEFORE 6PM!
In accordance to the AOA Rules, the entry requirements are as follows:
- All Fleeces being shown at the EAA and NEAOBA Showtacular 2016 must have been shorn AFTER October 26, 2015.
- Juvenile Fleeces must be 180 Days or 6 months of growth to be eligible. They must have been born on or before April 29th, 2016, and shorn after their 6 month birthday to show at EAA AND NEAOBA Showtacular 2016.
- When registering a Juvenile fleece, if the fleece being presented before the judge was the FIRST shearing and the cria was not shorn or tipped after being born, then the previous shear date is the cria’s birthdate.
Go to the Empire and NEAOBA Showtacular Fleece Show and Halter Registration site at www.alpacareg.com and either create an account or sign in if you already have an account.
After registering your selected alpacas, print off a copy of each fleece tag and place them with your fleece CUT SIDE OUT in a clear plastic bag of 1 mil thickness or less, approximately 30 gallons. Exhibitors who bring their fleece in a bag which does not comply with this AOA rule will be asked to change their bag(s) during check in. Refer to PART 19. (APPENDIX C) GUIDELINES FOR PREPARATION OF FLEECE FOR SHOWING, which is located on the AOA website. This is very helpful!
Print and send a copy of:
- Your completed registration.
- ARI Certificate for each fleece entered. If your name does not appear on the ARI Certificate, please include an Owner of Record to Show Entry Form. Please ensure the copy of the ARI Certificate is from the original and not a 'Certificate Copy' downloaded from the AOA site.
- Signed Fleece Show Exhibitor Disclosure Form for Judges Cheryl Gehly and Glen Finbow. If your alpaca is co-owned and you would like both owners listed in the final results, be sure to include signed disclosures for all owners. Please read the disclosure carefully and check the two appropriate boxes, as the disclosure has changed from previous years.
Two options for fleece check in:
Upon arriving at the show facility bring your fleeces to the Fleece Show Check In or
Mail your fleeces to:
Good Time Ridge Farm
Attention: Cheri Seile
3354 North River Road
Augusta, WV 26704
UPS, FEDERAL EXPRESS and USPS are all acceptable. Unless you have a prepaid label from UPS or Fed-EX, all fleeces will be mailed back using the USPS. Choose "Fleece Mail Back" on the registration site if you would like to pay upfront to have your fleeces mailed back to you after the Showtacular 2015 at $15.00 per fleece.
To provide a prepaid label when you ship your fleeces out, bring your fleece to UPS or FED EX with the box UNSEALED so that you can slip your label in the box before shipping.
- Create an account at Fed Ex or UPS.
- Print out a shipping label with your address on it.
- After the show the label will be placed on your box along with any ribbons or special awards and shipped back to you. When it is scanned, your account/credit card will be charged.
All Mail-in entries must arrive by October 15, 2016.
Cheri Seiler, firstname.lastname@example.org
For a complete set of rules, please refer to the AOA Show System Handbook PART 19. (APPENDIX C) GUIDELINES FOR PREPARATION OF FLEECE FOR SHOWING, and PART 9 SECTION 1 - FLEECE COMPETITIONS. This may be located on the AOA Website under the tab ALPACA SHOWS and may be selected on the left hand side menu.