Welcome to Breezy Meadows Alpacas located in Central New York where our alpacas are “Home Grown With Love”.
And here’s our story… In 2005 while on a weekend getaway, we had our first face to face encounter with alpacas and it was love at first sight. We spent a lot of time researching these warm and cuddly animals (all of three months) before we purchased our first three pregnant females (2 imports and the other being 5 years old). In January 2006 we brought them to their new home in our minivan, a 12x20 shed we built on our side lawn. That summer we had our first cria, Mateo. And so it began…
Conrad (an HR Director) and I (a billing specialist) had no prior farming experience but knew we were serious about continuing our foray into the Alpaca industry , so we purchased a house in Moravia, fenced in a parcel of land, and constructed a 30x50 barn. We continued to learn the business by competing in the show ring, going to seminars, visiting farms, attending auctions, researching breeders, anything we could do to move forward in the business.
An unexpected benefit of being in this business has been the much talked about “Alpaca Lifestyle”, a whole new world for us. Alpacas are people magnets, and where you show up with an alpaca, people will come. We enjoy watching the excitement of someone seeing an alpaca for the first time, sinking their hands into the fleece and answering all their questions. With the alpaca industry being fairly new, there is an enormous amount of support from fellow alpaca owners. We have met an unbelievable number of wonderful people who have helped us along the way and have become good friends in the process.
Today, we have 62 of these adorable creatures. We have made huge improvement in the quality of our offspring through our breeding selections, including many of the top bloodlines such as Royal Fawn, Bueno, Titan, Silverado, Scimitar, Silvio, Jericho, Rolex, Timoteo, Prince Phillip, Jericho, Jeronimo, Beethoven, Odyssey… We have truly “bred up” and now have a great depth of genetics available on our farm.
We have arrived at the next phase in our business cycle, selling animals! Having learned the business from the bottom up, learning from mistakes made along the way, we feel we have the experience and knowledge to help new owners start up their farm and start enjoying the “Alpaca Lifestyle”.
Whether you are seeking success in the show ring, or a few starter animals, we can provide you with many animal options. You can choose by age, sex, color and genetics for a custom alpaca package. Financing options are available as well.
Feel free to give us a call to “talk alpaca”. We have a newly designed gift shop on site and we welcome farm visitors!
Farm Terms & Financing
All females, including bred females, sell with a free breeding to any Breezy Meadows Herdsire. Breezy Meadows will finance with 25% down, the remaining balance will be amortized at 6% interest for 12 or 24. months.
- All females come with 3 months free board and free delivery within a 250 mile radius.
- Breezy Meadows offers a 5 % discount for packages of two or more.
- Payments are due monthly with $50 late fee
- Buyer must insure alpaca for amount financed, naming Breezy Meadows Alpacas as loss payee
- Financed alpacas will have registration papers transferred into Buyers name when paid in full
- All crias will be registered in the name of Breezy Meadows Alpacas until the dam is paid in full
- Agistment/boarding available (see Agistment document)
- Includes ARI registrations and owner transfer fees
- Buyer pays any insurance and vet fees
- Unlimited support, including on-farm experience
- Breeding quality alpacas come with reproductive and live birth g